As full members of the Church, all children and youth are encouraged to participate in our Sunday Liturgy. Baptized children are always welcome to receive Holy Communion. First Communion or Confirmation classes can be arranged. Our “Instant Sunday School” – taught by experienced volunteers – is available on request. We also have active Sparks, Brownies, Girl Guides, Pathflnders and Rangers groups in the parish.
Young people can assist at the Sunday Liturgy in a variety of ways –
- Reading Holy Scripture or the Prayers
- Presenting the Gifts of Bread & Wine
- Acting as greeters
- Taking up the Collection
- Carrying the Processional Cross
- Assisting the priest at the altar
There are many opportunities in the parish for young people to learn how to follow the way of Jesus by helping others, such as –
- Visiting Long-term Care Homes in the parish
- Helping at our monthly Outreach Suppers
- Supporting the Millbrook Food Share
- Helping with County Road 21 Clean-up
Please call the parish office for more information on opportunities for children & youth.
SCENES FROM VACATION BIBLE SCHOOL